500 MHz PulseBlasterESR QuadCore: High
Pulse Generator and Digital Word Generator
500 MHz PulseBlasterESR QuadCoreTM
is a 500
MHz Four-Core PulseBlaster
design implemented on a new series of PulseBlasterESR PCI boards. The
Four-Core design uses four of SpinCore's proprietary PulseBlaster
processor cores, specially designed for QuadCore operation, on a single
chip. This new design allows the user to program and run independent
programs on each core, in parallel, while maintaining precise timing
synchronization between the cores.
All four cores are driven by the same, single clock
source. They can be synchronized to start at the same time and run four
unique pulse programs/sequences concurrently. At 500 MHz, the available
resolution of each pulse/delay/interval is 2.0 ns (one clock cycle). The
PulseBlasterESR QuadCore comes in two different models:
The internal memory model of the PulseBlasterESR QuadCore TURBO has a
minimum pulse/delay/interval length of 6 clock cycles, or 12.0 ns, and
the maximum pulse/delay/interval length is 2^27 clock cycles (~268.4
ms). Each core has up to 2K instructions.
The external memory model of the PulseBlasterESR QuadCore TURBO has a
minimum pulse/delay/interval length of 17 clock cycles, or 34.0 ns, and
the maximum pulse/delay/interval length is 2^30 clock cycles (~1.07 s).
Each core has up to 2097152 instructions.
- 4 independently programmable cores
- 500 MHz clock frequency
- 4 BNC bracket mounted connectors
- 50 ohm impedance matched outputs
- Programmable pulse lengths from 12.0 ns to 268.4 ms
- 2.0 ns resolution between cores
- PCI form factor.
high-speed, multi-channel pulse, pattern, and word generation.
Possible applications include:
- Turbine Blade Deflection Simulation
- Experiment and process control in Electron, Nuclear
and Quadrupole Resonances (ESR, NMR, NQR)
- Mass Spectrometry and related test technologies
- Ultrasound, radar, medical imaging
- Laser control in advanced communication
- Solid state physics experiments
- Nanomagnetism and spintronics applications
- Robotics and process synchronization
- Data bus emulation
- General laboratory use
Models and Ordering Information
The standard model is a four-core design implemented on PCI boards and
operating at 500 MHz.
A number of off-the-shelf and custom options are available for the
- Oven Controlled Clock Oscillator, when sub-ppm
stability is required
- Different clock frequency
- CompactPCI or USB form factors (custom design)
- Additional TTL output bits per core (custom design)
To inquire about the availability and pricing of our
PulseBlasterESR QuadCore boards, please use our Contact Form.