Programmable TTL and Dual Channel Direct
Digital Synthesis RF Pulse Generator
The PulseBlaster DDS™ series of
Intelligent Pattern and Waveform Generation
boards from SpinCore Technologies, Inc., couples
SpinCore’s unique Intelligent Pattern Generation
dubbed PulseBlaster™ , with dual Direct Digital
Synthesis (DDS) units for use in system control
and pulse generation.
The PulseBlaster’s state-of-the-art timing
processor core provides all the necessary timing
control signals required for overall system
control and pulse synchronization. The
additional DDS features allow the PulseBlaster
DDS-II-300-AWG to provide not only digital (TTL)
but also analog output signals from two
independent RF output channels, ranging in
frequency from 5 kHz to 100 MHz. This allows the
PulseBlaster DDS-II-300-AWG to meet
high-performance and high-precision complex
excitation/stimuli needs of demanding users. The
PulseBlaster DDS-II-300-AWG also provides users
the ability to control their systems through the
generation of fully synchronized (digital and
analog) excitation pulses from a small form
factor USB board. The PulseBlaster
DDS-II-300-AWG also contains user-programmable
Arbitrary Waveform Generation (AWG) capabilities
for modulating the shape of the output waveforms
for both analog outputs.
- Four vectored interrupts with programmable
InterruptService Routine (ISR) registers
- Interrupt enable registers to disable or
enable interrupts on-the-fly
- User programmable registers to specify
which “NORMAL” vs. “IMMEDIATE” interrupts
- Normal Interrupt: Waits for the
current instruction to complete, then
performs the ISR and returns to the
start of the next instruction
- Immediate Interrupt: Stops the current
instruction immediately, performs the
ISR and then returns to the beginning of
the next instruction
- Hardware and software interrupt triggers
- 124 bit instruction memory words
- 4K instruction memory words
- Programmable Pulse Program start address
allowing the user to program the board once
with multiple pulse programs, then pick the
program entry point with a single write to
- Modifiable Pulse Programs while the core
- User programmable default return-to state
for core flags when the core is not running,
allowing for full control of flag outputs by
the user when the core is STOPPED
- 1024 Frequency registers for each DDS
- 128 Phase registers for each DDS output
- 1024 Amplitude registers for each DDS
- All DDS registers are programmable while
the PulseBlaster Core is running
Complex, high-speed, multi-channel
pulse, pattern, and word generation.
Customers’ applications have included
- Complete high IF digital excitation system
for high field NMR/MRI (just add mixers!).
- Complete bench test equipment for
solid-state NMR probes (just add mixer and
power amplifier!) - eliminates the need for
wasting the precious magnet time.
- Build a multi-qubit NMR quantum computing
device at a fraction of the cost of other
- Use it for all-digital CRAMPS, SFAM, and
other "exotic" solid-state NMR experiments.
- Build a lock system.
- Build a demostration NMR system with/for
- Use it for Senior-Project and Masters'
- Use with your microcoil probe.
- Build and control your own equipment for
"hyphenated" experiments, LC-NMR, etc.
- For more ideas, please visit our Applications
The PulseBlasterDDS-II-300-AWG is currently
not available for online purchase.
firmware options for
|TTL output signals
Free Software Support
- Available to supplement the SpinAPI
- Example programs (executables and C
- The SpinAPI package and other resources
available for download on the Software Downloads
- Interfaces and examples - LabView
- Modulation Techniques example
- Standard warranty - two years
- Longer warranty periods available
- Money-back guarantee – 30 days.